Playing music to set the mood in? Grooving to the best of songs at parties? – Play Music By The Rules!

PPL's Copyright Registration: Pursuant to the amendment to the Copyright Act, 1957 ( the Act) in 1994, PPL was registered as a Copyright Society from 1996 till May 2014. The Copyright Amendments in June 2012 required PPL to obtain re registration as copyright society under section 33 of the Act; which is currently pending before the government. Presently, therefore by virtue of Assignment Deeds and/or exclusive Licenses executed by its Music Member labels, PPL issues licenses under section 30 of the Act and such licenses are valid under copyright law as held by several Hon’ble High Courts Pan India.

More About Us

Play it your way

We savour the biggest piece of cake when it comes to National and International sound recordings across 380+ top-notch music labels.


Who Needs A License?

Planning for an event? Playing soft music? Storing a range of songs/sound recordings? Get a PPL license now!


Hear it. See it. Live it.


Let that mood sink in!


Keep it secured!

News Room